General Family Law & Domestic Relations

General Family Law & Domestic Relations

Divorces are never easy. We understand this is a difficult time and we are here to remove as much stress from this process as possible. We can help you with all your family law and domestic relations needs.

Divorce, Dissolution, Annulment, and Legal Separation Actions

Whether you are considering divorce or you are uncertain about your future together, it may be helpful file for legal separation. Legal separation involves both parties resolving certain issues including child custody, spousal support, and in some cases, division of some, or all marital property. We can help you through this process since we have a solid understanding of the challenges you are facing.

Annulments are not granted often, but when you believe you have grounds for such an action, it is important to work with an attorney who has a firm understanding of the grounds needed to be successful. We have such experience and we can help you with this process.

Child Custody and Visitation Litigation and Parenting Plans

Unfortunately, one of the more contentious aspects of divorce is child custody. When these matters are unresolved, we will represent you in court. We fight vigorously to ensure the court understands your position regarding custody or visitation, as well as help present a parenting plan that works for you and complies with the standards set forth by the courts in Georgia. Military parents in particular need forceful representation in custody cases due to their frequent deployments and TDYs.

Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA)

When parents live in different states, or a custodial parent moves to another state, matters of custody get complicated. In Georgia, the child must be a resident of the state for the courts to get involved in resolving custody disputes, or enforcing custody orders. In cases involving an out-of-state court order, Georgia courts will follow such lawfully issued orders. These scenarios are incredibly fact intensive so please let us know if you have any questions.

Child Support and Child Support Addendums and Work Sheets

Georgia’s Child Support Guidelines are often confusing. Military parents may have limitations on their income for determining child support. We can help you prepare the appropriate documents to ensure that you receive the proper amount of child support to provide for the financial well-being of your children. Let us help you with the required worksheets and addendums so there are no mistakes that could have an adverse impact on your support payments.

Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA)

Some divorces involve multiple jurisdictions. This means one parent may owe support to a parent living in another state in addition to a parent in a different state. Under this act, courts defer to the primary jurisdiction where an order was issued to compel proper payments. This also means the original court has the sole right, or obligation to modify such payments. We can help you with the various issues that arise out of interstate support orders. Let us help sort through the web of jurisdictional problems.

Enforcement of Temporary and Permanent Alimony and Family Support

One of the big challenges of getting court orders for support payments is ensuring the obligated spouse makes those payments in a timely manner. Whether the orders are temporary, or permanent, the obligated person can be held in contempt of court if they fail to make these payments as required. We can help you file the appropriate petitions in court to compel such payments.

Actions for Enforcement and Contempt of Divorce Orders and Settlement Agreements

As part of a divorce or separation, there may be certain property that must be transferred to another spouse. Retirement accounts, and other assets must be divided per the divorce decree. In addition, a spouse may be required to put a home up for sale as part of dividing the assets of the marriage. We can help ensure that your ex-spouse obeys the court’s orders pertaining to such property.

Contact John Camp Law, LLC if you need help with any martial or family law matters. We have the skills and experience you need to help you through this challenging time.